PSE-Game is a serious game offered to the master students of the PSE Course in Chemical Engineering at Politecnico di Milano.
The unraveling of 9 weekly episodes moves the students to perform economic assessments, make decisions under pressure, and develop a few soft skills.
By organizing in teams of 2-3 students, the players are encouraged to develop and improve their team building and teamwork skills, as well as the ability to compromise and agree upon shared decisions. In the fictional story they deal with OPEX, economic forecasts, and manage uncertainties with interpersonal relationships.
Through a combination of entertainment, realistic elements, and competition, the students are exposed to difficult business choices, complex situations, and are encouraged to understand from a different perspective the topics taught in the PSE Course.
- Issue 1 – Someone’s hiring
- Issue 2 – Things get serious
- Issue 3 – A focused selection
- Issue 4 – Meet the advisor
- Issue 5 – Don’t count your chickens before they hatch
- Issue 6 – Crude oil and snake oil
- Issue 7 – On a collision course
- Issue 8 – A breakthrough development
- Issue 9 – Long-term strategy
- Issue X – All good things come to an end
The PSE-Game 2018 has ended. We thank all the teams who played the PSE-Game 2018 and publish the final poster with the results of the competition: